To assess visible morphological defects in E14.5-15.5 placentas from lethal strains.
- Set up timed matings with heterozygous mice
- Day 0 is defined as the midpoint of the prior dark cycle following the identification of a copulation plug.
- Minimum number of animals : 1 mutant of any sex
- Age at test: E14.5-E15.5
- Capture gross images (optional)
- Collect tissue and genotype embryos.
- Set up timed mating with heterozygous animals. Dissect at a consistent time and collect >=2 placentas from homozygote embryos. Coordination with viability screen is at the centres discretion.
- Assess placentas according to Gross Morphology parameters.
- Generate gross images of placentas (optional) with scored defects and control placentas.
- Collect tissue for genotyping
- Process placentas for Histopathology, or other imaging (OPTIONAL - depending on center pipeline)
- Scores will be shown per placenta and split by zygosity.
All genotypes should be collected using validated assays.
Y chromosome assay required for X-linked lethal strains.
Placentas may be processed for Histopathology or 3D Imaging