The purpose of this procedure is to record the respiratory function of mice, with a LPS challenge, by means of Unrestrained Whole-Body Plethysmography, using a lipopolysaccharides (LPS) challenge.
- Minimum number of animals : 6M + 6F
- Age at test: Week 13
- Sex: We would expect the results of this test to show sexual dimorphism
- Flow chambers
- Computer connected to flow chamber
- Challenge reagents
- Personal safety equipment (masks, gloves, etc.)
- Before starting, calibrate the plethysmographic chambers
- Freshly prepare a 200 µg/mL LPS (O55:B5 serotype) solution in sterile saline (NaCl 0.9 %).
- Inject 50 mg/kg ketamine and 3.3 mg/kg xylazine to mice in 100 µL volume by intraperitoneal injection
- Administrate 25 µL of LPS solution (5 µg / mice)
- Mouse are next placed in decubitus on a heated plate during 10-15 min
- Place mice in the chambers
- Start the experimental recording phase (6 hours)
- Remove mice from chambers and place back in the home cages.