IMPC IT Work Group
The IT Work group consists of 1-2 experts from each participating member of the IMPC, along with additional external experts reflecting informatics expertise from the wider mouse, clinical genetics and model organism database communities. The IT Workgroup will advise the IMPC Steering Committee on the informatics requirements for the IMPC programme, develop a detailed requirements analysis document that will enable the IMPC to launch appropriate systems and database by 2012 and provide to the funding agencies an estimate of likely costs.
The IT workgroup was asked to establish subgroups as necessary. The results from these investigations should be presented in a final report in June 2011 after incorporating the results from the phenotyping work group.
- Clinics IT sub-group (including production and phenotyping)
- DCC sub-group (interfacing with Clinics IT over QC issues and with the statistics working party)
- Data analysis, annotation and ontologies sub-group (to include image annotation and visualization).
- Data integration (creation of gene-phenotype-disease networks, automated annotation pipelines, relating mouse phenotype to human disease; in cross talk to use case work group)
- Use-case working party (interfacing with the human genetics community)